This weekend was a good one. We are home from our 4 week vacation (surprise!). Yesterday I cut hair...usually just for T. and H., but I. needed her first haircut, too. I will edit this post and put some pics in. Her hair was getting tangly every single day, so I knew it was time. It is cute and even now, well, I did put some layers in it. She just wanted to make sure that it didn't look like boy hair and I assured her that I was not going to use the electric shears on her hair, that I was just going to trim off the parts that made it ouchy to brush through.
In sacrament meeting today, there was a return missionary speaking on missionary work. He recently completed an honorable mission to Russia. Of course that peaked my interest, since I lived there in '95. He told of the change that came over a girl even in her dress as she learned of the gospel of Jesus Christ, was baptized, and wanted to be a missionary, too.
I missed the Sunday School lesson due to caring for my sweet baby, but made it to the Relief Society class where C.H. gave a great lesson on Charity (the pure love of Christ) and Service (serving others, not just your own family, friends, or neighbors, but everyone in need that you can).
During Sunday School, I was walking Ane in the hallway because it was time for her to be taking a nap, even though she didn't. One time when I was talking to my friend H.W., she responded to what H.W. had said. H.W. had asked me if A. could walk yet. I said, "a little". But just then, A. REALLY wanted to get down, so I set her on the floor. She proceeded to stand in place and take 8 steps. Then she smiled right at H.W. A. did that for two other people. It was like she was really showing off her new skill.
We were visited by the Elder's Quorum president and his counselor this afternoon. It was fun to hear that our children know what are good things to include in our home life. The elders asked H. what we are doing tomorrow night (being Monday) and he answered Family Night. They asked I. what we do each night before bed, and she answered scriptures and prayer. Then, after they taught a short lesson with a scripture and said a prayer, they got up to leave. Everyone shook hands and A., at 11 months, held out her hand and shook both of their hands. It was really cute.
Well, bedtime went pretty well tonight. I read and sang to the kids, but they still won't go to sleep...so many excuses. Oh well, life isn't perfect.
R.
1 comment:
Your kids are so good and SO cute! I was actually thinking to myself today that I's hair is adorable, so I guess you did a good job! Glad you guys are back! Did the kiddos have fun?
Post a Comment