Sunday, January 9, 2011

H.'s Primary Talk from today

In Elder Bednar’s talk in the April General Conference in 2006, he spoke about coming closer to Jesus Christ. He said, “truly coming unto Him also requires consistent obedience and striving tobecome like Jesus in our thoughts, motives, communications, and actions.”
“One of the best ways to draw near unto Him and to both learn about and become more like the Lord Jesus Christ is to consistently study the holy scriptures—to daily ‘feast upon the words of Christ’ (2 Ne. 32:3).”

Elder Bednar gave 5 principles for making our scripture study better:
Principle 1: Pray for understanding, and invite the help of the Holy Ghost.
Principle 2: Work. –meaning actually read the scriptures.
Principle 3: Be consistent. –meaning, read often.
Principle 4: Ponder. –meaning to think about what you read a lot.
Principle 5: Write down impressions, thoughts, and feelings. –like in a study journal.

I know the scriptures are true and as we feast upon the words of Christ, we will become more like Him.
In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Good job H.! I loved your talk! I'm sure you did a wonderful job!