Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm trying to not let my turkey day get in the way of my Thanks!

I received an email today and I wanted to quote part of it:

"On this national holiday, when we celebrate the sacrifices of our forefathers, and reflect upon our blessings, we should also take this opportunity to teach our children about our precious freedom.

Like the Pilgrims who founded our nation, we seek to raise our children according to our beliefs. But as Ronald Reagan warned, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

Of the many things I appreciate, I am thankful for our freedom for everyone to believe as they will. I appreciate the opportunity that Heavenly Father has given me and T to raise our precious children from Him as He wills.

Happy Thanksgiving!

We will post some photos of our Thanksgiving next week...and of Halloween....and of the past few months...hehe...been a little busy. :-)


R

2 comments:

Ioana said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The quote from pres. Reagan is so true! We need to teach our children these truths. Thank you for posting this.

Johnsons Away said...

Thank you for sharing that quote, it is so good and true. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!