Today would have been my mom's 67th birthday.
She passed away 17 yrs. ago (this Christmas).
Something she always taught me and even would include in letters she would write to me is to always be worthy of the Spirit of God in my life. She was always such a good example of that to her children. Her influence has helped us in our decisions...4 out of 4 are sealed in the temple, 3 served full-time missions, all are temple-going, all are increasing her posterity.
My mom served others. She loved her family. She always made sure to remember others'. She fulfilled her church callings. She served in school boards. She was at every activity that we did. She was creative. She sewed, painted, crafted, and scrapbooked (the old-fashioned way). She studied to get her degree, and nearly finished, but her time was cut short, and she was needed in the Spirit World to help save souls there.
I love you Mom. I miss you. I hope that I can become what you always hoped.
3 comments:
This posting brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing. You too are a wondeful Mom!!!
so so sweet.
I love this Rachel! She was definitely a wonderful Mom and sister! :)
Post a Comment