Saturday, February 21, 2009

Beautiful thoughts about being good

Well, tonight is Stake Conference at church...the 18 yrs. old and up meeting. Tim and I were asked to sing in the choir, so we are. I am attempting a babysitter. We'll see how it goes. I have never left A. with anyone before, so I may chicken out at the last minute and take her with me.

The song we are singing is called If the Savior Stood Beside Me. It is a primary song, but a woman named Sally DeFord made it into an adult choir song. It is beautiful. You can find it at her site: http://www.defordmusic.com/ifthesaviorstoodbesideme.htm#twopart

You can listen to it, print it out, etc. for free. Pretty fun!

The words are beautiful because they really make you think about how you would act if you could actually see the Savior beside you. We know that He watches over us, but to really think that He is and what I would do really makes me think. So, I hope I don't get too choked up while singing tonight...since I already have a lump in my throat from my allergies. :-(

Check out the song, and maybe I will see some of you tonight...and maybe I will ask you to hold my sweet baby while I sing. hehe.

R

2 comments:

Ioana said...

This is one of my favorite songs! I absolutely LOVE it! It's kind of funny, because we have stake conference this weekend too.:) I hope all went well with the babysitter!

R. Hansen said...

I hadn't really heard it before. When T. and I were practicing, H. and I. kept saying that they knew that song from Primary. I guess that that song is after my time?? :-) Well, luckily we sang at the beginning of the meeting. no tears. :-) I actually left A. with the sitter. It was the first time she's been with a youth. It was fine...but we got a text that she wasn't cooperating with going to sleep and had been crying for some time. T. was very much aware of how much she cries when Mommy is not around... :-S