Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday's General Session of Stake Conference

I loved the conference. First of all, we got to sit in the third row because my friend wasn't able to attend at the last minute and her husband was there with two of their kids. Thank you Doug. President Uchdorf quoted a saying: "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." He spoke on riding out the waves of the storm and that we would be blessed for doing what we should. Elder Ballard, one of the twelve apostles, spoke as well as Elder Merrill and one other Area Seventy. The latter two are from California. The theme that I gathered from the conference is to make Zion where you are by choosing correct choices and staying away from Satan's snares. They told us that Zion may be somewhere else someday, but for now, it is where faithful people are following God's plan.

Great conference. I would love if some of my friends would post their feelings here, too.

R.

1 comment:

linda said...

Hi R. Thank you for posting something about stake conference. We were out of town so I love to hear some of the comments. Thanks.