Monday, March 23, 2009

Yosemite Video Clip

Yosemite is my childhood dream vacation. We used to go there every summer and sometimes in the winter. I think that that is where my parents honeymooned, is that right Dad?? When I was too little to go on the day or 1/2 day mule rides with my siblings, I would get to ride a pony or ride in the hiking backpack while hanging out with my parents. I loved the "indian caves", the waterfall, dipping in the Merced River, early morning ranger hikes, bird walks with my Dad, late night card games, firepit popcorn, s'mores, hot chocolate, breakfast at the lodge or at our table at the camping site, skiing at badger pass (where I first learned to ski), movies at the lodge, the open-air tram...I LOVE YOSEMITE. As a new adult, I camped and climbed half-dome (the normal way, not the face) and loved Yosemite more. I decided that I'd never put myself through hiking that mtn again, but I think I'd love to hike it with T. now that I've had time to recover---15 yrs. hehe :-)

I want you to view the video of Yosemite. Post your memories. We get to go this year and I am elated to share it with my husband and children and hope it becomes one of our traditions, too.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Awesome, I'm excited that you posted your whole talk.

We went to Yosemite a couple times a year growing up, we stayed in the resort at Bass Lake though and spent the days driving through Yosemite. One of my favorite memories is taking Devonn when we were dating and hiking the waterfalls as far as we could (along with my dad and sister... my mom was the keeper of the camera equipment). Another fun time was driving through in July one year... we all had our shorts on. My parents decided to come back home by driving all the way through. When we neared Tioga Pass, there was deep snow and frozen lakes EVERYWHERE... we almost had to turn around and come back the normal way, but we made it and we have fun pictures (of us in our summer clothes in a blizzard).