I'm sure I'm not the only one with swine flu on my mind.
It is kinda stressing me out.
We were home for 5 weeks with two different viruses and walking pneumonia.
The kids just finished their breathing treatments last week from it all.
We had our flu shots.
Is this like the "gripa" I had in Romania? (flu + stomach flu = gripa)
Is the 23 month old that just died in Texas Mexican? Had they visited Mexico? Was the child a sicky before? Did the child die from pneumonia like the twenty 20-40 yr olds in Mexico? Is the child's family sick? Was the child in daycare?
So many unanswered questions.
I searched last night online and this is what I came up with...
1. You can get it from someone from one day before they show ANY symptoms until 7 days after (after they aren't sick, or after their first symptom???--no info)
2. It is like the flu we are familiar with (the one that kills old people and kids?--no, this one kills otherwise healthy young adults, or were they?--no info)
3. Some people also get vomiting and diarrhea (isn't that like our regular duck flu?)
4. A bunch of scared people the moment that the universal health care bills are going through congress...interesting. I really wish that the press and the govt would give us some real information. They can't be that in the dark. Either close the schools so we can avoid getting it, or quit barking about how bad it is. Why wait until it is a pandemic before trying any protective measures???
No comments:
Post a Comment