Sunday, April 26, 2009

Locks of Love

This is me on New Year's Day at Disney's California Adventure. I was in Bug's Town or whatever it is called on the bumper cars...such a fun place, by the way...

Check out my hair. This was nearly 5 months ago, so my hair had grown at least 5 inches since this picture.





This is me today. Yesterday morning I went to a Locks of Love fundraiser for a Laural from the spanish ward's Laurel Project. There were many people signed up to get their hair cut for her project. There were 4 hair stylists at the salon and another stylist that only did blow drying because they were so busy. They were working from 9-1 and each had people every 30 minutes. FUN!!! The reason why I did this instead of just going to get a trim (since I won a free hair cut at the MOPS fundraiser I attended) was that when I announced it at Relief Society last Sunday, I looked around and saw that everyone had short hair, or at least short enough to not have 10 inches to cut off. So, Friday night, I finally called the salon and set up an appointment. I got cut by the owner, so I was pretty happy. She was SO confident in her cutting and was fast!! I love it straightened, too. Usually haircuts and styles take way too long, so I never go...usually 2 hrs. for my thick hair, but this one was done in an hour. I was pretty excited!

8 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

That is the cutest hairstyle! I wish I hadn't cut mine a few months ago. It would be long enough to have donated.
I really am amazed at how good it looks!!

Ioana said...

You look beautiful!!! I've done this a few years ago and it felt wonderful. It is such a wonderful program. I might have to do it again sometime soon...

Mandee said...

So cute! I love it short!

linda said...

Hi R. Your hair looks adorable!!!

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Cuuuuute hair! Love it! You look great and you can totally tell how thin you are now in your face. BFF!!!

linda said...

Hi R. Your hair looks adorable. I love it straight like that.

Life as the mother of 4 said...

Your haircut is very cute! I don't think I've ever seen you with short hair.

carrin said...

Cute Picture!