Monday, April 27, 2009

Our hatching mantids

SO CUTE!!!

This January, when T. was pruning the peach tree, he found two mantis oothecas(es). We put them in our bug viewer because he was cutting those branches off of the peach tree. There they have sat until today when one of them began releasing tiny mantids. See the video above. Also, we will post pictures of ours with the kids.

3 comments:

Holly Wilcox said...

That is so cool! Did you know what they were when T found it?
I saw on nie nie's blog, they had one of those in their Christmas tree and didn't know it and soon their house was filled with them!

PixiesAndPrincesses said...

That was cool! After I told myself about 1 million times, those arent maggots, those arent maggot those arent maggots! Maggots make me vomit! I cant stand them! Uh... and by the way! Love the hair cut!

linda said...

Wow! So cool. That's something this old school teacher has never seen before!!! :-)